BChD BMBS BMedSci FDSRCS FRCS FRCS (OMFS)
Consultant Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon/ Head & Neck/ Reconstructive Surgeon.
Mr. Sat Parmar graduated from the University of Leeds, School of Dentistry in 1986 where he was awarded prizes in Oral surgery, Children's Dentistry and Prosthetics.
- was awarded the Fellowship in Dentistry of the Royal College of Surgeons in 1990.
- started Medical School at the University of Nottingham in 1990 where he was awarded a BMedSci in 1993. He graduated in Medicine in 1995 winning the Gold Medal for the best Medical student of the year and the Marsden Prize for outstanding contribution to the University of Nottingham.
- obtained the Fellowship for Surgeons in General of The Royal College of Surgeons in 1998.
- passed his Exit Fellowship in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in 2002.
- was appointed as an Oral and Maxillofacial /Head and Neck /Reconstructive Surgeon at the University Hospital of Birmingham in 2003.
He is actively involved in teaching. He is a course instructor for Advanced Trauma and Life Support (ATLS), Trauma skills courses. He also lectures on the European Head and Neck course and the Microvascular courses in Toronto and Florida. He is the chair of AOUK (Craniofacial) and member of the European Board for AO. He has lectured nationally and internationally.
He is a council member for the British Association of Head and Neck Oncologists (BAHNO).
He carries out most aspects of general Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery but his sub-specialist interest is Salivary Gland/Head and Neck Cancer and Reconstruction.