Terms and conditions of use
1 Terms and Conditions of Use
These website “terms and conditions of use” apply to the use of the website operated by The European Head and Neck Society (EHNS), a Belgian-based non-profit organisation and (AISBL) -any and all ‘content’ from the website such as scientific, technical, contractual, product, programme, pricing information; news, educational materials, publications, guides, presentations, abstracts; other information available on the website such as data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, and other materials.
EHNS reserves the right to amend these terms & conditions at its sole discretion, without prior notice, or condition that details of the amendments are published on the EHNS website. They become effective from the time of posting. Use of the website after the posting constitutes acceptance of the modified terms & conditions.
Please read the terms carefully. The terms are entered into by and between the user and EHNS, and the user accepts them by using the website in any manner and/or by otherwise acknowledging his/her agreement with the terms. If the user doesn’t agree to all of the terms, he/she should not use the website.
Should you require further information or have comments on EHNS terms & conditions, please contact us using the contact form.
2. Copyright - Intellectual Property
- The EHNS website is owned by EHNS. All content owned by EHNS on the EHNS website is copyrighted under Belgian and International law. All rights in content of the EHNS website (including without limitation all articles, statements, texts, images, logos and design) are owned by or licensed to the EHNS exclusively. All rights are expressly reserved by EHNS.
- Any content may be copied and distributed on a limited basis for non-commercial purposes only, provided that any material copied remains intact and that all copies include the following notice in a clearly visible position: “Copyright © European Head and Neck Society. All rights reserved”, as well as links to www.EHNS.org where appropriate. These materials may only be used for personal use.
- Copy, modification or use of any content included on the EHNS website for any commercial purpose without the authorisation of EHNS is a violation of patent, copyright and other proprietary rights including intellectual property rights owned by EHNS and/or its contributors. Any copying or redistribution for commercial purposes or for compensation of any kind requires prior written permission from EHNS.
- The use of the EHNS Logo and EHNS corporate visuals (including, but not limited to, graphics, images, videos...) is subject to written authorisation by EHNS. Any unapproved use may result in actions being taken by EHNS to require removal of material concerned from display/distribution and possible legal action.
- Contents in Private Membership Area cannot be copied or distributed by the Members.
3. General Conditions
Content, products and services
Access to certain content is available only to users who have registered to the Private Area, the secured and personalised account that EHNS offers. Similarly, access to certain other content is conditional upon subscription to a particular product or service.
User registration, via the registration form, is required to access personal services online and certain online content. The user is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of his/her account login details.
The user registration is unique and personal. It should not be shared with anyone.
EHNS shall not be held responsible for unauthorised use of the user’s account by a third party to whom the user may have, intentionally or not, disclosed his/her account login details.
Products & Services
It is possible to acquire certain products and services such as membership services or registration for congresses and courses organised by EHNS or in conjunction with EHNS via the private area. EHNS reserves the right to change or remove particular ordering methods without prior notice. Changes in the ordering procedure will be posted on the product or service page.
EHNS disclaims all responsibilities for the unavailability of the EHNS website and services caused by conditions beyond its control including and/or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of EHNS.
Under no circumstances will EHNS or any affiliated staff or partners or website contributors, be liable to you, as a website visitor or any other person or body, for any decision taken or acted upon as a result of reliance on the information or philosophies contained or expressed within the EHNS website. You agree that neither EHNS nor any affiliated staff or partners or website contributors, will be responsible for any loss or damage (including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages), or loss of data or loss of profit, even if the EHNS or any affiliated staff or website contributors, has been advised of the possibility of such loss. No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee - employer or franchiser - franchisee relationship between the member and EHNS is intended or created by these terms and conditions.
- Hits: 1582