Privacy & General Data Security Policy
By registering under EHNS.org, you are accepting the practices described in this “Privacy & General Data Security Policy”.
The “Website” includes, without limitation the EHNS Website, statistics collections, and any other online platforms and/or mobiles applications used by EHNS which could require your personal data.
This policy is also designed to establish processes for ensuring the security and confidentiality of confidential information and to establish administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized access or use of this information.
EHNS respects your privacy and is committed to protecting the confidentiality of your personal information. This policy explains how EHNS collects and uses members and site visitors’ information, and how it protects your privacy. It also explains how you can manage your own personal information held by EHNS in the ‘Membership area’ of the EHNS website.
No information and data about Members and statistics will be distributed or sold to other organizations.
Website and Registration
Some features on the Website may require you to register as a user and to receive our authorization before you can use those particular features. Whether you are an individual or a corporation, partnership, or other form of commercial enterprise, in order for you to obtain our authorization to use those features and to be considered as a registered user, you may be required to provide us with certain information about you or your business and affiliation (e.g. names, addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, and other personally identifiable information of each individual who will use the Website). Once we have authorized you as a registered user and/or EHNS Members, we may provide you with customer identification number (Membership Number) and a password. As an EHNS Members you will have access to the private area dedicated to the EHNS Members.
Generally (depending on the program), you will be able to change your password and any personal data you have given to us. Please note that submitting information to us is not a guarantee or assurance that we will grant authorization to you or permit you, or anyone you designate, to use any or all of the services of the Website. If for any reason you are not granted authorization we will retain the information you submit to us only in order to communicate with you regarding your application; we may, however, request additional or follow-up information as may be required by law or regulation.
How EHNS collects personal information, how we use it and how you can access it?
EHNS is a professional non-profit Association which combines a wide range of activities in the field of medical head and neck and oncology, including :
- Provision of Membership Services
- Collection and dissemination of scientific information
- Provision of Products and Services
The sources of personal information received by EHNS are:
- The individuals themselves
- Third parties acting on behalf of individuals (eg. an agent or secretary arranging registration for an EHNS organized meeting or event; the submission of abstracts for events by third parties, etc)
- National Societies Association that provides Members data: First Name, Last Name and email address, all other data are provided by the member itself to receive his Membership Certificate.
EHNS may collect personal information in the following ways:
- When you register personal details when creating or updating your account on EHNS Website
- When you, or an agent or secretary on your behalf, enter personal details on a form (electronic or paper) requesting an EHNS product or service (eg when registering for an EHNS organized meeting or event or to become a member)
- When you, or someone on your behalf, submits proposals or content in connection with scientific sessions at an EHNS organized meeting or event (eg Abstract submission)
- When you enter personal details on a form applying to become an EHNS member or to apply for affiliate membership through an affiliate Society
- When you subscribe to an EHNS newsletter or other electronic communication
- When you participate in a survey, questionnaire or forum discussion
- When you fill in the contact form
What personal information is collected by EHNS?
Mandatory Personal Information
As a general rule, to enable EHNS to correctly identify you, to provide you with the products and services you have requested, to communicate with you and to become an EHNS Members, the following minimum information must be provided in order for your order, request, application, etc. to be processed:
- First Name(s)
- Last Name(s)
- Full Postal Address (work) and affiliation
- Email address
- Date of Birth
Credit Card and payment Information
Credit Card information, along with other information related to specific transactions, is collected at the time of your order, request or application, and is used only for the purposes of that particular transaction through third party like PayPal. For your protection, the Credit Card information is not retained in EHNS system for later use for other transactions. The record of the transaction (without Credit Card information) is kept for 10 years for legal reasons.
EHNS takes every precaution to ensure that this information is stored in a safe location and that it cannot be accessed by unauthorized parties. For further information about security, please refer to Data Security.
Email address information
Your email address is mandatory when you use EHNS electronic services.
Electronic communication is for most purposes EHNS’s preferred method of communication because it is generally convenient, rapid, environmentally friendly and efficient.
You are required to supply your email address when you create your EHNS account, which enables you to access a variety of online services.
Data from surveys and questionnaires
EHNS can conduct a number of surveys or questionnaires whereby we collect data from volunteer respondents about a certain number of topics that are of interest to us as a society or to the practice of oncology and/or head and neck. The respondent data remains completely anonymous, unless the respondents specifically choose to share their contact data. Upon completion of the survey or questionnaire, to ensure confidentiality, information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to the survey tool platform. Data entered are stored on the survey tool server, which is accessible through a dedicated EHNS account only. When exported, data are stored on EHNS's internal server. To ensure the complete anonymity of all respondents, all data collected are kept confidential and no individual respondent’s answers will be disclosed at any time by EHNS.
How EHNS uses personal information?
Personal information is needed by EHNS to enable it to properly manage its member files. These files are used to enable EHNS to fulfil its role in providing a wide range of services to its members or contributors.
The personal information which you supply may be specifically used to enable EHNS to:
- provide you with the products or services you request
- communicate with you about specific matters regarding your transaction, eg. Registration for a meeting or event, abstract submission, grading, membership...
- send you information about EHNS activities which it believes may interest you
Listed below are some of the security procedures that EHNS uses to protect your privacy:
- A personal username and a password is required in order for users to access their personal data
- Uses firewalls to protect information held in our servers.
- Closely monitors the limited number of EHNS employees who have access to your data
- Backs-up our systems to protect the integrity of your data.
- Keep all your data private and not sell it or distribute it to others
Accessing your personal information
You may at any time manage your personal information held by EHNS by accessing the private area. If you are an EHNS Member, or have used EHNS products and services in the last three years, a record will already exist for you which you can potentially access by logging in online through:
- use of your existing login details (username and password)
- the ‘Retrieve your Login’ and/or ‘Retrieve your Password’ feature which, if your email address is recognized, will automatically send details of your username and a newly generated password (for your protection) to the email address given
- the password is encrypted in the database, it then impossible to retrieve it
Managing your personal information
You have the absolute right to access, amend, and oppose the use of your personal data. By accessing the Private area, you have direct control over the information in your personal profile. You can access and change this information at any time from your Private Membership homepage. Once logged in to your account, you can easily view and update your personal details, email address and password. Usernames are unique and cannot be updated.
Right of access to your EHNS information
If you would like to know exactly what personal information EHNS holds about you, you are entitled to obtain it. If it transpires that the information is inaccurate, or you wish to oppose its use in future, EHNS will make the necessary amendments and confirm that these have been made. Please contact EHNS in either of the following ways:
- By contacting us by email: contact form.
- By Writing to EHNS, see Legal Information
To protect your information, EHNS uses an industry standard security protocol called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to encrypt the transmission of sensitive information between you and our website.
If you have any further questions about the EHNS Privacy and Security Policy or its implementation, or if at any time you believe that EHNS has not adhered to the principles stated in this Policy, please contact us by email: Contact Form.
- Hits: 15677