ECO-ASCO Special Network
on the Impact of the War in Ukraine on Cancer
Following discussions with the WHO, EU Commission and the new ASCO-ECO Ukraine Steering Committee last week, the ECO Board has just decided to create a new Special Network on the Impact of the War in Ukraine on Cancer, together with ASCO.
The Special Network is addressing a large number of challenges currently being faced by Ukrainian cancer patients and those treating and supporting them, including those that have been shared with ASCO and ECO already:
- Lack of data/medical records
- Language barriers
- Access to information about treatment and support options in the patient's new country in relevant languages
- Capacity issues within neighbouring countries
- Lack of resources for cancer organisations within neighbouring countries
- Need for connectivity to other European countries – for their capacity to support
- Need for co-ordination to address medicine shortages
- GDPR restrictions on patient information
Please visit: https://www.europeancancer.org/topic-networks/20:impact-war-in-ukraine-on-cancer.html for detailed information.
- Hits: 498